About Me

My photo
CookwareBliss focus is on eductating you on what types of cookware are available. We review cookware products, explore new cooking ideas and help the cooking enthusiast enjoy cooking again!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Black and White Brownies

Do you ever get on a chocolate fix? I have acquired the taste of chocolate as I have gotten older. When I was a kid I loved sweets but was not a huge fan of chocolate. I know that is a little weird, who does not like chocolate! Well with age comes wisdom, and I have finally found the answer to every chocolate lover's dream. If you don't like chocolate you will after trying this recipe out! These brownies will not disappoint your taste buds one bit.

Ingredients

1 package of fudge brownie mix of your choice, I usually go with 19 to 21-oz pkg.

1 package of white chocolate chips, I usually go with 10 to 12-oz pkg.

1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.

1/2 cup of chopped pecan pieces.

1/4 cup of melted butter.

3 tablespoons of hot water.

2 cups of sifted powdered sugar.

1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.

1 teaspoon of vanilla.

3/4 cup of additional pecan pieces.

Preparation

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 - inch baking pan; set aside. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Stir in half of the white chocolate chips, all of the semisweet chocolate chips, and the 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan.

2. Bake about 30 minutes or until center is set. Sprinkle with the remaining white chocolate chips; bake for an additional minute more. Cool in pan on a wire rack.

3. For frosting, in a small bowl combine melted butter and hot water; stir in powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and the teaspoon of vanilla. Beat by hand until mixture has smooth texture. Spoon over top of cooked brownies. Sprinkle with the 3/4 cup of pecans. Let cool for about 90 minutes or until frosting is set. Cut into bars. Should make about 36 brownies.

I hope all who try this delicious recipe enjoys it as much as I did. Great for a dessert to pass and party's or special events. I'm guilty though of making it whenever I have an urge for chocolate, be careful though because once you have one you will want another!

Happy Baking Everyone!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment